Volunteer – Be the Difference You Want To Be!
Volunteers are a valued resource at Alternatives. We could not meet the needs of the 12,000 individuals we serve annually without your passion and dedication.
Please review the following volunteer opportunities to begin your journey of self-fulfillment and service to your community. Call us today to begin!
At Alternatives volunteers:
- Make it possible for older adults to live independently
- Provide companionship for isolated older adults
- Advocate for the rights of older adults in nursing homes
- Provide program support by helping in our office
Money Management Volunteers
- Open and organize mail
- Set up budgets
- Balance Checkbooks
- Pay Bills
- Provide brief documentation of visits
Some Money Management Volunteers go on to become Representative Payees. Representative Payees manage monthly benefits of a client who is unable.
Click here for the MMP Volunteer Application
Bridges Senior Center
- Help answer phones
- Help prepare for and lead fun activities
- Help plan fundraising events
Click here for the Bridges Volunteer Application
If you like to plan parties, this volunteer job is for you!
- Serve on a committee to help plan some of the most fun, yet important, events around
Click here for the Volunteer Application Part 1 – Part 2
Office volunteers are always needed at Alternatives and Bridges.
- Assist with mailings
- Answer phones
- Enter data
- File Documents