Care Coordination Program
Alternatives’ Care Coordinators are experts in the field of aging (certified by the Illinois Department on Aging) who will sit down and help develop a plan of care that will meet the individual’s/caregiver’s needs so that they can remain in their homes for a longer period of time.
Who do we help?
If you or your loved one:
- Has difficulty remaining in one’s home because of physical/functional issues.
- Needs help after a stay in the hospital or nursing home.
- Is feeling overwhelmed and needs a break from caring for a loved one.
What we can do:
- We visit you in your home.
- We provide a free, complete analysis of your needs using the Illinois Department on Aging’s comprehensive tool.
- We develop a comprehensive care plan based on your individual needs.
- We have the resources to help you.
- We follow up periodically to make sure you are happy with the plan.
- We offer a reassessment to re-evaluate needs (after hospitalization, move to a new environment, loss of caregiver, etc.) at any time.
- We help transition individuals over the age of 60 back to the community from the hospital or a nursing home stay.
- We provide counseling and resources for overwhelmed caregivers.
What Happens When I Call?
A care coordinator will talk to you to help you determine your needs.
Call (309) 277-0167 or (800) 798-0988.